Sunday, February 27, 2011

BIRTHDAY BOYS

This has been a very busy month. 2 of my grandsons  have a birthday this month, and I have made them both a quilt. One of them is a "bug" quilt and the other is "Thomas".
The bug one I finished, all but the binding a couple of years ago, and Master 5  just loved it. So, they are both growing up and I thought a quilt would be the perfect presents. Of course I didn't get the binding done untill the day before his birthday last week. I was so excited to give it to him that I forgot to take a picture, so I'll get one and post it later. It was wonderful watching him open it, as he just loved it.
"Thomas" is another story. I actually started this quilt about 5 years ago, (yes that is a 5!), and then became very busy with the shop, and it got put on hold. I finished putting the top togther about 12 months ago and recently had it quilted. Perfect present for Master 3 year old. It's his birthday tomorrow, so I finally got the binding on today. Can't wait to give it to him and see his reaction, I hope it's as good as his brothers!


While at the shop I thought I would have a little down time and make this pair of "Ruffle Butts". I have been going through my personal fabric stash at home and came accross this very cute fabric. I have used the requirements for the elastic but I think I need to find a little girl to try them and make sure it's right.


2 comments:

  1. OMG!!
    I AM SQUEALING OVER THE CUTENESS OF THIS!
    Off now to plan ruffle butts and a ruffley dress...ohhhh my!
    well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps.... I adore that train quilt...it really is perfect!

    ReplyDelete